- This event has passed.
Emerging Tech and the Privacy-Equity Dilemma
February 1, 2022
February 1 @ 1-2:30 p.m. U.S. Eastern Time
The event provides an outlook on the intersection of technology, privacy and equity. We will be hosting a moderated panel discussion on policy solutions closing the gaps across privacy and equity in a digital ecosystem. Solutions will focus on: federal privacy legislation, infrastructure funding, embedding DEI efforts into AI, and privacy by design.
- Introduction: Jeff Joseph, SIIA President & CEO (5 minutes)
- Providing concrete policy solutions: moderated panel discussion with Politico Reporter Rebecca Kern (45 minutes)
- Cameron Kerry, Ann R. & Andrew H. Tisch Distinguished Visiting Fellow, the Brookings Institution
- Lo Smith, Senior Program Manager, National Digital Inclusion Alliance
- Matt McMurray, Legislative Director, Rep. Robin Kelly (D-IL)
- Dr. Charina Chou, Global Policy Lead for Emerging Technologies, Google
- Q&A with audience (15 minutes)