- This event has passed.
ESG in Asia/Pacific: who is (really) pushing for more transparency: what data do they want?
June 29, 2021
June 29 @ 9:30AM Singapore Time
Members: FREE | Non-Members: $200
ESG can cover a broad range attributes such as climate change, content governance and cybersecurity to gender-pay equity, board diversity, human rights and workplace sexual harassment. Asset managers have a requirement to disclose how they voted on portfolio company ballots. The Asian trading and investment community is dominated by retail/High Net Worth investors. Is ESG is being used as a regional “buy-side magnet”; are Asia family offices and retail investors really pushing for more transparency in this area?
- Where does the data come from; how is the data verified for accuracy?
- How do investors receive the data: from exchange and data vendor feeds?
- Are traditional Portfolio / Risk Management systems being used to process and analyse the data; how?
- How does an information provider / market data vendor detect and avoid “green washing”?
- Are the FinTechs and Unicorns leading, lagging or dismissive of ESG?
Grace Hui, Managing Director, Head of Green and Sustainable Finance, Markets Division, Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Limited
Sam Lee, Prop Director, ESG & Investment Solutions, Refinitiv
Michael Savatico, Head of Asia Pacific ESG Business Development, S&P Global Sustainable1, S&P Global
Chris Terzis, Director, Client Relations APAC, Sustainalytics
Head of Asia Pacific ESG Business Development, S&P Global Sustainable1, S&P Global
Managing Director, Head of Green and Sustainable Finance, Markets Division, Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Limited