May 27 @ 10:00am - 11:20am US Eastern Time
The Alternative Data council presents this fireside chat and roundtable discussion with Avi Rosenbluth, a quantitative portfolio manager. Avi has deep and broad experience utilizing data to make investment decisions through recent executive roles at AQR and Goldman Sachs. This will be a wonderful opportunity to hear from a typically tight-lipped section of the industry and to discuss your thoughts with peers.
Topics will include:
• the data requirements of discretionary vs. systematic strategies and how alternative data is facilitating some approaches and may hamstring others
• the importance of timely, frequent, curated and reliable data and what happens when any of these elements is not present
• what machine learning can and cannot do
• advice for vendors on when to pursue and when to abandon building out a particular data set
• the role of regulations and standards in supporting the growth of the alternative data industry.