SIIA Neal Awards honors journalistic excellence in 26 categories in the B2B information industry
Grand Neal and Leadership Winners Announced at 68th Annual
Jesse H. Neal Awards
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Amanda McMaster, VP Awards and Recognition Programs
New York, NY (April 26, 2022) The Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA) announces winners for the 68th Jesse H. Neal Awards – one of the longest running premier awards programs honoring business-to-business (B2B) journalism.
The Jesse H. Neal Awards are the most prestigious editorial honors in the field of business-to-business journalism. Sixty-one awards were presented across 26 categories, culminating in the Grand Neal Award, honoring the most outstanding entry celebrating journalistic excellence across all categories. The in-person Neal Awards Ceremony took place at the New York City Marriott Marquis.
This year’s Grand Neal Award was awarded to MLR Media’s Family Business Magazine for “Reckoning: Family Businesses Confront Race, Racism and Inclusion,” a best subject-related package accredited to: Barbara Spector, Richie Madden, David Shaw, Monica McLaughlin and Amy Cosper.
“Today, we were thrilled to celebrate in person the prestigious 68th annual Neal Awards recognizing the best in B2B journalism,” said SIIA President Jeff Joseph. “Congratulations to this year’s winners who covered dozens of industries impacting millions of jobs breaking news with global implications – from the supply chain crisis to the microchip shortage and more. Their work kept us informed and connected.”
“This year’s winners continue to lead the industry and produce outstanding, critically important content during a period of unprecedented challenges. Congratulations to all! We also extend our sincere appreciation to today’s judges and sponsors who made this great event possible.”
Editorial and Business Leaders at Crain Communications, Putman Media, Lexipol and Endeavor Business Media Inc. received Leadership Awards
SIIA also honored the very best of specialized journalism through a series of leadership awards recognizing mentorship, vision, commitment and editorial ethics and courage:
- Cassandra West, assistant managing editor of news features for Crain’s Chicago Business at Crain Communications was selected as the 2021-22 McAllister Editorial Fellow. The Fellowship promotes the study of business media by placing fellows as teachers and advisors at Northwestern University’s Medill School of Journalism.
- Putman Media’s Erin Hallstrom, the director of digital content strategy for Food Processing, was selected as the winner of the Marianne Dekker Mattera Mentor Award. This award honors leaders who excel in mentoring and is presented in memory of Dekker, the long-time Editor in Chief of RNMagazine and Medical Economics to reflect her legacy of mentorship.
- Nancy Perry, editor-in-chief of Lexipol’s Police1, received the 54th Annual G.D. Crain Jr. Award, which is given annually to an individual who has made outstanding contributions to the development of editorial excellence in business media over the course of a career.
- Robert Brelsford, Oil & Gas Journal’s downstream editor at Endeavor Business Media, received the Timothy White Award, which honors the longtime editor of Billboard Magazine and is given to an editor whose work displays courage, integrity and passion.
View the Neal Awards gallery online which showcases all 2022 winners and finalists.
Following the Neal Awards, SIIA will also host two additional awards programs this June:
- June 8 and 9: CODiE Awards, honoring excellence in technology
- June 22: EXCEL Awards, recognizing excellence in association media
About Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA)
SIIA represents more than 450 large and small technology companies, associations and related interests across the diverse information industry. Our members provide the critical data, content, and information that drives financial networks, connects learners and educators and drives the global economy.